Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets (VHPOS) Volunteer Guidelines:
- As a volunteer, you are an ambassador for VHPOS, you should treat all participants, police and traffic officers, attendees, and other volunteers with the utmost courtesy and respect.
- Dress appropriately: Attire should include comfortable walking shoes, active or sports gear and your volunteer badge.
- Be prepared to answer many types of questions! People will be looking to you for answers. Familiarize yourself with the route map, which you can find on our website (www.vhpopenstreets.com) or our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/vhpopenstreets).
- When you sign up to volunteer, we trust that you will arrive on time and that you will complete your full shift.
- You are able to change or cancel your shift day/assignment up to 48 hours prior to your scheduled shift by contacting email@example.com
- The Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets event will take place rain or shine! Please check the weather ahead of time and dress accordingly.
- You may not consume any alcoholic beverages, smoke, or be under the influence of any drugs during your volunteer shift.
- Upon completing your shift please check out with your volunteer coordinator or captain before leaving.
- Children under the age of 14 may not participate as a solo volunteer (i.e., an individual not signed up with a group of 6 or more), but are allowed to be with an adult during their volunteer shift.
- Children between the ages of 14-18 must be accompanied by an adult in a 1:15 ratio in a group volunteer setting.
- Pets are not allowed with you during your volunteer shift.
- Depending on event needs, volunteer assignments may change — please be flexible.
- The Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets event is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- The Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets event reserves the right to search any bags for security purposes.
Volunteer for the Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets event!
Thousands of people are expected to attend the Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets and you can help make their experience more enjoyable by volunteering on August 19th.
The Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets event has a number of volunteer opportunities such as:
- Activity Hub – Direct participants to hubs and give them information about booths, entertainment, water, restrooms and first aid.
- Entertainment – Help manage the performance staging areas and keep the flow of entertainment moving smoothly.
- Partner Booths – Assist Vernon and Huntington Park partners in the set up and take down of their booths.
- Participant Counts – Help count the number of participants at the event with a handy clicker and a big smile!
- Interviews – Do you like talking to people? Interview participants and businesses to find out how their day is going at the Vernon Huntington Park Open Streets event.
To volunteer, please sign-up using the form below.